Sunday, March 9, 2008

pennsylvania...oh, pa. what am i gonna do with yinz.

i come from a small(ish)town in western pa. where jack murtha is a patriot and a saint and also fuel for fodder...
but i also grew up as a republican. my father was an elected state representative. then he ran for state auditor general. he was a delegate, as a moderate, for bush, the original. then Reagan Happened.
here is the deal. my cousin is the Head of the Republican state committee, my brother was the deputy secretary under Ridge and then became Secretary of the Legislature of Pennsylvania. it does not get any deeper.
then i found out another cousin (we got alot of them, we're irish) was running for my dad's seat in Pa. as a Democrat: Bryan Barbin (who now lives in my father's childhood-home). i immediately emailed him and sent money and a note about my party affiliation, and so did my roommate (thank you eben).
Bryan wrote us back: ".... if your dad switched places with me today, he would also be a democrat and would have gone through the same difficulties.... "
so i write to you my friends...please help my cousin win my father's seat...as a democrat...andtheend.

No comments: