Wednesday, May 28, 2008

the blacks

funny how depression can spring up on you. spent a beautiful wknd with family and a friend at beach house. woke this morning with such dread. could barely make it out of bed. and the weather made it worse. beautiful. 70 degrees. just asking me to go for my bi-weekly run.
stayed in my short term apt. all day. sitting in my own filth. watched tv for 6 hours. cried like a fat girl in a bathing suit contest. heard a bagpipe outside my window. looked out to find a funeral march. had to rally myself at 6 pm to do my play. a play about women....who die. which is actually really fun and a pleasure to do. the women i've met and the women whose story it's been based upon are a blessing. i know that i am blessed. but it doesn't make wakin up any easier....

3 comments:

Tricia said...

i hate those days. the only solution is to force yourself to run as the endorphins are greatly needed.
i can't imagine having to interact with other human beings on a day like that, bravo.

Julia ATX NYC said...

I agree, you gotta run or clean or do jumping jacks to get through that shit. I'm sorry you are sad and that your great play is coming to a close. on the upside, we "fat girls" can't wait to have you home and at the beach & bbq with us.

Anonymous said...

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.