Tuesday, June 17, 2008

nobody puts baby in a corner

but they can surround her with really gay chorus boyz.

working this week as a reader for the national tour of dirty dancing (the musical?). HI-larious. Not only did i get to sit through a dance call surrounded by the tightest asses i have ever seen (some wearing ill-fitting dance belts) but then i got to read with a few johnnies. try doing the following scene with a guy who looks like nadia comaneci and sounds like paul lynde:

BABY Have you had many women?
JOHNNY What?
BABY Have you had many women?
JOHNNY Baby, come on.
BABY Tell me. I want to know.
JOHNNY No, no... (JOHNNY begins to pace around, trying to put into words things he’s never said before.) You gotta understand what it’s like, Baby. You come from the streets and suddenly you’re up here and these women...they’re throwin’ themselves at you...and they smell so good...and they really take care of themselves. I mean, I never knew women could be like that, you know? and they’re so rich, so goddamn rich. You think they must know about everythin’...

(BABY is trying to understand--hates this.)
...and they’re slippin’ their room keys in my hands, two and three times a day, different women...so, here I think I’m scorin’ big, right? For a while you think, hey, they wouldn’t do this if they didn’t care about me, right?....

oh, this shit is sooooo good. tomorrow they sing. i'm in heaven. although i've chewed off the inside of my mouth trying not to laugh.

2 comments:

retotted said...

Let's trade jobs, just for one day? please, please, please!!!

Tricia said...

oh, man i'm sooo jealous, can you wear a mike, or videotape?? what could make a better reality show - the reader.