Sunday, August 3, 2008

words i hate part 1

1. clam
2. whimsical
3. in a sense (when used all together)
4. perfunctory
5. endive (cause i never know how to pronounce it)
6. worm
7. herb (when pronounced with an H)
8. myriad (cause no one uses it correctly, they always say "of" after)
9. pithy
10. chicanery

if these were used like this i would burn my nipples off:

i hate to be so pithy, but in a sense, i felt like a worm. perhaps it was a bit of chicanery on my part when i created this whimsical recipe of endive and clam salad but it just seemed so perfunctory when i looked at the myriad of herbs staring at me.

please feel free to send your hateful word connections to me. i promise nothing will be burned.

4 comments:

Tricia said...

i need to have this list on me next time i see you.

SKL said...

Slacks. Moist. Panties. ew.

Anonymous said...

Visual (adj);

As in "I'm a really visual person."

Also "physical," used in the same way. You will not be such a visual person once I jam my physicals into yr eyeballs.

BayonneMike said...

Maybe it's a guy thing, but I like all of the words the know-all mentioned (especially the latter two without punctuation).

I hate when people say they're "starving." You know what? You're not.