Wednesday, October 29, 2008

i'm not mad...

watched the obama "special" tonight.
isn't there something better he can be spending his money on? i mean, who else but me is tuned into network television? (i don't have cable...suck it time warner!)
i found this vacuous infommercial boring and trite at best.
who does this campaign think they are going to win over? i learned nothing new. it was filled with vague talking points, sappy "real" story lines and what i hated most, the soundtrack. they could have done better.
i imagine he will get crucified tomorrow on the blogs...and fox news.
i sat thru most of W. today, but walked out 3/4 of the way through. i have only done this once before. that movie was JFK. total garbage.
i don't like hallmark movies, i don't like propaganda (oliver stone) and i don't like soundtracks telling me what to think.
as my x used to say in the appropriate passive-aggressive manner, "i'm not mad, i'm just disappointed."

3 comments:

retotted said...

I totally disagree with you. If the money was available for anything else, then yes. But as it was solely designated toward campaign then i think it was well spent. and I did not hate the infomercial. However, i really wish i could take that money, have 24 uninterrupted hours and spend it on the schools. i could work miracles.

BayonneMike said...

The soundtrack was killing me! I almost fell off the couch when the blues segment kicked in (they had found a blues guitar player with the blues! What a coup!). Ken Burns would have been embarrassed.

Tricia said...

i missed this, but saw something shorter when I was in Philadelphia that almost made me cry. although really, almost anything makes me cry these days!